Make sure you’re registered to vote! The deadline to register to vote is Tuesday, October 9th.
- Ways to register:
- Turbovote is great resource that lets you register to vote online at turbovote.org
- Go to your local clerk’s office and register in-person.
- Fill out the application on the MI Secretary of State website and mail it to your local clerk’s office. (https://www.michigan.gov/documents/MIVoterRegistration_97046_7.pdf)
- Check if you are already registered on the MI Secretary of State website at https://vote.michigan.gov/mvic/. All you need to enter is your name, birth month and year, and your zip code.
Going to be out of town? Unable to get to the polls on Election Day? Vote Absentee!
Deadline to apply for an absentee ballot is Saturday November 3 at 2pm.
- The application is available on the MI Secretary of State’s website at https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/AVApp_535884_7.pdf. You must mail or drop off the application to your local clerk’s office.
- Apply through Turbovote at turbovote.org.
Absentee ballots begin being distributed the week of September 24. Completed absentee ballots must be received by your local clerk’s office by 8pm on November 6 (Election Day).