The Michigan Hawks are excited to host the first 2015 Michigan Hawks Winter College Combine on January 24th. In coordination with the combine, the Hawks will also host a College Recruiting Forum the night before, Friday the 23rd, (site to be determined). Only players and parents that are registered for the combine will be invited to attend. The guest speakers scheduled to lead the discussion about the college recruiting process will be Erica Walsh, Head Coach Penn State and Dave Diiani, Head Coach, University of Iowa.
Registration for the combine is open exclusively to players from the Michigan Hawks Soccer club until November 16th. After that, registration will be open to the entire state, so please register early.
To register please go to College Showcase Registration Link.
Here are the details for the Combine:
- Where : Total Soccer Wixom, 30990 S Wixom Rd, Wixom, MI
- Who : Uncommitted Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors from any club.
- When : Saturday, January 24th 11am-6pm
- Format: There will be 4 X 1 hour and 45 minute sessions. (Each player will be invited to attend one session.) There will be a 30-minute goalkeeper session at the beginning of each session which will also include a small sided warmup session for the field players with college coaches. Then, the players will participate in a scrimmage, 2 X 35 minute halves.
- Cost : $40 for players playing for the Michigan Hawks, $75 for players who are not playing in the club. All players will need to register online to apply for a spot. An email confirmation will be sent out verifying that registration was received, however, a spot in the combine will not be secured until payment is received.
Important: Registering for this event does not guarantee you a spot in the combine. Once accepted, we will send you payment info. Only those who have submitted their payment will have a confirmed spot at the combine.
The following college coaches attended our June Showcase: Michigan, Purdue, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Maryland, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Indiana, Northwestern, Davenport, Saginaw Valley State, Virginia, Bowling Green, Western Michigan, Grand Valley State University, Ohio, Ferris State, Oakland, Alma, Cleary University, Dartmouth, Iowa, Loyola of Chicago, Dayton, Pittsburgh, Depaul , Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, St. Louis University, California, Cincinnati, Akron, Toledo. (An updated list for the winter showcase will be put out in January.)